question

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

How to get the total returns (per actual week) of former constituents of the Belgian all Shares?

Hi,

I'm working on a thesis about the Belgian stock market and for this thesis I need the total returns of all the former constituents of the Belgian all share index (all the way back to 2002 or 2004). I know where the find the list of leavers and joiners but I do not know where to find a time series of actual weekly total returns of these former constituents. Also the market capitalisation of these companies for the last 20 years would be handy.

I do most my calculations in excel.

refinitiv-dataplatform-eikon#product#contentindex
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
5.6k 18 2 7

Hi @student111111 ,

This forum is more for API related programmatic questions. For excel related questions, the best place to raise a question is Helpdesk where you can reach via "Get Help & Support" (F1) within the Workspace or via my.refinitiv.com .

If you are interested also in getting the data using an API, you can do that via RD Libraries for Python.

I believe the following article will be useful for building the historical index constituents:

Building historical index constituents | Devportal (lseg.com)

After you have the list of index constituents with respective dates you can use rd.get_data function with corresponding rics and "TR.CompanyMarketCapitalization", "TR.TotalReturn1Wk" fields.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Haykaz

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks for the answer, appreciate it!

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.