question

Upvotes
Accepted
8 12 13 18

Drop a SYMBOL_LIST from the ADH

I want to remove some items from an ADH cache.

• adhmon -removeItem is working fine for the MARKET_PRICE.
  • But it's not working with the SYMBOL_LIST.

When I use "-removeItem" against a SYMBOL_LIST named MyRic, I have this error message in the adh.log:

<xxxxx.gp.adh.2.sourceThread.serviceGenerator.XXXX: Info: 2017-05-23.14:46:14> Cannot remove item (MyRic MARKET_PRICE) as item does not exist.<END>

Any idea?

elektronrefinitiv-realtimetrepsymbologyinfrastructureADH
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 89 12 25

Hi @nicolas.roux

As per the warning message, it is trying to drop a MARKET_PRICE domain item MyRic because that is the default domain.

According to the ADH manual, you can specify a domain if you want to drop an item which is not MARKET_PRICE

adhmon -instance instance_ID [-removeItem [[routeName] serviceName] [\"]item_name[ D:domain\"]] | [-removeItems filename]

Note: If using the domain specifier with the item_name, the entire item_name and domain specifier (D:domain) must be encapsulated in quotes. If you're using a Unix type platform, be sure to escape the quote sequence, otherwise the Unix shell removes them when parsing the options. A space character separates the item_name and D:domain

I cannot test this at present so I cannot confirm if the Domain will be the name 'SYMBOL_LIST' or the numeric ID of '10'.

You can find further notes in the ADH Install guide section '17.3.6 Using adhmon to Drop Items'

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

It's working perfectly fine. Thanks a lot!

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.