question

Upvotes
Accepted
262 12 15 18

I got an exception java.net.UnknownHostException: hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com when I tried to run the code.

Case# 05651806
I tried to automate the data download process from Reuters, but I encountered a problem because of firewall. I got an exception java.net.UnknownHostException: hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com when I tried to run the code. I had a proxy and port number, as well as the username and password for authentication. Please advise me how I can successfully download data in this case.

tick-history-rest-apijava
code.png (73.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
13.7k 26 8 12

@Beera.Rajesh, this is similar to this query.

That exception has nothing to do with your code. It means that the DNS resolution of hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com failed. Try to open a DOS command window and type:

ping hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com

The request will timeout, but it must resolve to an IP address:

Pinging hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com [192.165.219.152] with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out. Request timed out. Ping statistics for 192.165.219.152:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

If your DNS resolution is functional, you should observe similar output.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.