question

Upvotes
Accepted
40 4 4 7

C# Wrapper of MRN C++ tutorial step 5

I have tested using Elektron EMA C++ to get MRN with yor tutorial step 5 example.

https://developers.thomsonreuters.com/elektron/elektron-sdk-cc/learning?content=8682&type=learning_material_item

It works fine for me. But our application is C#. Is there a C# Wrapper of MRN C++ tutorial step 5?

I find this one, It says, RFA (Robust Foundation API )

https://developers.thomsonreuters.com/thomson-reuters-enterprise-platform/robust-foundation-api-rfa-1/learning?content=9340&type=learning_material_item

Should I try the above? does it work the same way as C++ tutorial step 5 example?

If both answers are NO, What is the best way I can write a C# Wrapper?

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-apic++c#mrn
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Both EMA C++ MRN tutorial (step 5) and RFA.NET MRN Tutorial demonstrate requesting and decoding Machine Reasable News (MRN) data.

If you are interested in processing Machine Readable News in C#, then I would go with RFA.NET and use as an example/reuse the relevant handling code from the RFA.NET MRN tutorial, rather then create a wrapper around either of these tutorials, which are intended to be used as examples, not as reusable libraries.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
40 4 4 7

Thank you for recommending RFA. But RFA is based on

TREP, From API_conceptGuide, TREP, DataFeedDirect, and Elektron are 3 different Platforms. We are currently only available to Elektron Platform.

icon clock
10 |1500

Hello @xli1997 ,

You will be able to subscribe to Elektron using RFA.NET API.

Upvotes
40 4 4 7

Ok. That is good news. I will try RFA .NET API

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.