For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvote
Accepted
20 4 4 4

MRN News: How do I recover lost data?

We downloaded Elektron SDK - C/C++ - 1.1.0 - Windows and the examples from https://developers.thomsonreuters.com/system/files/EMA%20Tutorials.zip

Since we are interested in downloading and decoding machine readable news we took the example #5 (MRNConsumer) and changed just one line according to our configuration as suggested by Warat B.

consumer.registerClient(ReqMsg().serviceName("ELEKTRON_DD").name("MRN_STORY").domainType(MMT_NEWS_TEXT_ANALYTICS), client); 

It works, we are able to receive data.

Question: For some reasons I have to close periodically MRNConsumer.exe application wait 30 minutes and run it again. I don't want to lose even 1 news. How do I recover lost data? How can I obrain the data of 30 minutes when MRNConsumer.exe application was shut down?

Thanks

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkc++mrnelektron-data-dictionarynews-text-analytics
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 89 12 25

Hi @mauro.medizza

Can you explain why you need to close the tutorial example?

MRN data is transmitted in realtime - as it happens - and therefore you cannot recover lost data using any of our realtime APIs.

It should be possible to access news archives to access data you missed. I recommend you contact your Thomson Reuters account manager to see what options are available to your organisation.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.