For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 1

Extract sovereign and provincial bonds Argentina API Rest

Hi.

I am connecting to the API with REST and I could generate a token and get some information with PHP cURL. I need to know which is the endpoint to obtain the sovereign bonds and provincial bonds of Argentina. Any information or Postman example would be helpful! I do not know if I should generate a report template. Here you can see an example implemented by a site: http://gruposbs.com/api/reuters/chain/SOBE (json response)

Thank you!

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdssbonds
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @rodrigo.cataffo

I just tested the following request:

POST https://hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com/RestApi/v1/Extractions/Extract HTTP/1.1
Prefer: respond-async
Content-Type: application/json
Authorization: Token <your token>

{
  "ExtractionRequest": {
    "@odata.type": "#ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.EndOfDayPricingExtractionRequest",
    "ContentFieldNames": [
      "RIC",
      "Ticker",
      "Universal Ask Price",
      "Universal Bid Ask Date",
      "Universal Bid Price",
      "Universal Close Price",
      "Volume"
    ],
    "IdentifierList": {
      "@odata.type": "#ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.InstrumentListIdentifierList",
      "InstrumentListId": "0x05bd566fe9fb3026"
    },
    "Condition": null
  }
}

Note that my list "0x05bd566fe9fb3026" contains "VZ.N, MCD.N and DIS.N" RICs.

And this is the result I got:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Content-Type: application/json; charset=utf-8
X-Request-Execution-Correlation-Id: c2788aab-1039-483c-843a-a25805fc1637
X-App-Id: Custom.RestApi
X-App-Version: 11.3.544.64
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2018 03:17:19 GMT
Connection: close

{"@odata.context":"https://hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com/RestApi/v1/$metadata#Collection(ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.ExtractionRow)","value":[{"IdentifierType":"Ric","Identifier":"VZ.N","RIC":"VZ.N","Ticker":"VZ","Universal Ask Price":53.23,"Universal Bid Ask Date":"2018-01-23","Universal Bid Price":53.22,"Universal Close Price":53.23,"Volume":7141651},{"IdentifierType":"Ric","Identifier":"MCD.N","RIC":"MCD.N","Ticker":"MCD","Universal Ask Price":176.84,"Universal Bid Ask Date":"2018-01-23","Universal Bid Price":176.82,"Universal Close Price":176.81,"Volume":798702},{"IdentifierType":"Ric","Identifier":"DIS.N","RIC":"DIS.N","Ticker":"DIS","Universal Ask Price":110.43,"Universal Bid Ask Date":"2018-01-23","Universal Bid Price":110.41,"Universal Close Price":110.41,"Volume":1897303}]}

You request looks fine but the issue is related to your account's permission issue.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
4.4k 10 6 9

Hi @rodrigo.cataffo

You can find the tutorials here.

Basically, the endpoint is

https://hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com/RestApi/v1/Extractions/Extract

You don't have to generate a new report template, but you have to specify one of the default report templates, list of fields and list of instruments in your POST body.

For pricing data, there are; End of Day, Intraday, and Time Series pricing report templates. REST API Tutorial 2 to 4 should show you how to request each pricing reports.

A Postman collection and environment of the tutorials are available in the downloads.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 1

Thank you very much for your help

Is not necessary to create a list of instruments in dss dashboard?

icon clock
10 |1500

@rodrigo.cataffo, there are 2 ways to extract data, described here:

1. Scheduled extraction (requires report template and instrument list on server)
  2. On Demand extraction (requires neither report template nor instrument list)

Warat is referring to an On Demand extraction.

Upvotes
1 0 0 1

thank you very much for your help!

I executed the following request:

Endpoint

https://hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com/RestApi/v1/Extractions/Extract

Body

{
  "ExtractionRequest":{
    "@odata.type":"#ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.EndOfDayPricingExtractionRequest",
    "ContentFieldNames":[
    	"RIC",
		"Ticker",
		"Universal Ask Price",
		"Universal Bid Ask Date",
		"Universal Bid Price",
		"Universal Close Price",
		"Volume"
    ],
    "IdentifierList":{ 
        "@odata.type":"#ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.InstrumentListIdentifierList",
        "InstrumentListId":"0x0602dfc25d2b3016"
    }
  }
}

Response

{
    "error": {
        "message": "No permission for template \"EndOfDayPricingReportTemplate\"."
    }
}

why?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 1

Hi. Yes, its account's permission issue.

Thank you!

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.