Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 2 1

How to get timeseries data of quarterly turnover (total turnover for a quarter) for a list of stock ?

I have a list of RIC Codes corresponding to a list of stocks. I want to get the quaterly turnover data for each of them. I am aware of the function eikon.get_data(RicList, ['TR.TURNOVER], {'SDate':"2017-04-01", 'EDate':'2017-06-30'})

I was wondering if there is a way to specify the frequency parameter here as quarterly ? Or some other way that allows direct retrieval of quarterly turnover values?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apidatainterval
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
4.6k 26 7 22

Try this

df, e = tr.get_data(['AAPL.O'], 
                    ['TR.Turnover.periodenddate','TR.Turnover(CALCMETHOD=SUM).value'], 
                    {'SDate':"0", 'EDate':'-9', 'Frq':'CQ'})

Returns last accumulated turnover for each of the last ten calendar quarters (CQ):

screen-shot-2018-03-28-at-152731.png

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.