Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
16 2 5 10

error line 151 data_grid.py

Hi, I have a py script with a while loop. I request price every 120 seconds. After a variable number of loops, I have the following error :

File "CCCIWebReports.py", line 44, in <module>
CCCI_Mono_LastPrice_temp = pd.DataFrame(ek.get_data(CCCI_Mono_LastPrice_temp ,['CF_LAST','PCTCHNG','CF_TIME'])[0])
File "C:\ProgramData\Anaconda3\lib\site-packages\eikon\data_grid.py", line 151, in get_data
result = eikon.json_requests.send_json_request(DataGrid_UDF_endpoint, payload, debug=debug)
File "C:\ProgramData\Anaconda3\lib\site-packages\eikon\json_requests.py", line 87, in send_json_request
check_server_error(result)
File "C:\ProgramData\Anaconda3\lib\site-packages\eikon\json_requests.py", line 135, in check_server_error
raise requests.HTTPError(error_message, response=server_response)
requests.exceptions.HTTPError: An error occurred while sending the request.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apierror
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
4.3k 2 4 5

Hi,

As the error occurred while sending the request, the proxy could log something.
Could you look at the C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Thomson Reuters\Eikon API Proxy\Logs directory and check in the last eikon-api-proxy.2018mmdd.xxxxxx.pxxxx sub-directory. One of browser_xxx files should contains more information.

Otherwise, just a comment : your line of code is confusing.

CCCI_Mono_LastPrice_temp = pd.DataFrame(ek.get_data(CCCI_Mono_LastPrice_temp ,['CF_LAST','PCTCHNG','CF_TIME'])[0])

=> CCCI_Mono_LastPrice_temp should contains a RIC or a list of RICs, but you replace it with an extract of the result.
By the way, I assume that you reinitialize the content before the next request.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
16 2 5 10

Thanks, I check the folder

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Thomson Reuters\Eikon API Proxy but it is empty.....Only a file called .portInUse

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
4.3k 2 4 5

That's mean that you're connected through Eikon Desktop (and not standalone API Proxy), so you can check logs in C:\ProgramData\Thomson Reuters\Eikon Data\Logs\TRD\Eikon.yyyymmdd.xxxxxx.pXXXX directory.

You should find a SxS.yyyymmdd.xxxxxxxx.pXXXXX.txt file

As this file aggregates logs from different sources (main, app, bus, sxs-proxy, scripting), you'll have to filter on logs that have prefix "[yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss.msec|dev] (scripting) [ApiRoute]"

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.