For a deeper look into our World Check One API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads

question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 2 3 4

An authorization issue while calling WorldCheck One API. Response: status 401

Hello,

we try to integrate WorldCheck One API in our System.

Firstly, we download documentation and postmen collection: Thomson-Reuters-World-Check-One-API-documentation.v1.5 and World-Check One API Postman Collection

Secondly, we try to run the test postman collection as shown in https://developers.thomsonreuters.com/customer-and-third-party-screening/world-check-one-api/quick-start. Before this, we enter API Key and API Secret provided for us by Administrator (the screenshot are attached).

We try to execute GET request - SEQ-pre-groups: Get my top-level groups but as a result, we receive the following response: Status: 401 Unauthorized FAIL: Status code is 200 | AssertionError: expected response to having status code 200 but got 401 FAIL: Could retrieve the groupId from response | AssertionError: expected response body to be a valid json but got error No data, empty input at 1:1

world-checkworld-check-onestatus
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
4.5k 4 8 8

@otkachova,

Thank you for sharing the console logs.

Based on the details, I can see that you are using an empty ‘Content-Type’ in the ‘Request Headers’ which is not required for the GET request. The GET request headers would only include ‘Date’ and ‘Authorization’. Could you please remove the ‘Content-Type’ from the Header and then try?

Group-id would be obtained when you use the API call – “SEQ-pre-groups: Get my top-level groups” and the response code is 200 OK (see the format below). Group-id would not be required for the above mentioned request.

{

"id" : "Group Id",

"parentId" : "Parent Group ID",

"name" : "John Smith",

"hasChildren" : true,

"children" : [ ],

"status" : "ACTIVE"

}

Custom-fields are the fields which you may want to use in addition while screening a case. The information of the available custom fields could be obtained when you use the API call – ‘SEQ-pre-group-case-template: Get the case template for a group’ in the below format and would not be required for the API call - 'Get my top-level groups':

"customFields" : [ {

"typeId" : "Custom Field Id 1",

"value" : "Reference Id 1234567"

}, {

"typeId" : "Custom Field Id 2",

"value" : "Deal Id 1234567"

} ],

Let me know if this helps.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
4.5k 4 8 8

Hi @otkachova,

Can you please share the postman console logs in order to investigate the exact cause for the Error 401?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
5 2 3 4

@Prabhjyot.Mandla thank you for the assist!

Sure

The log:

Request Headers:

date: "Tue, 28 Aug 2018 13:42:13 GMT"

authorization:"Signature keyId="ffd37d13-36f9-4efc-ab5e-d9ec9dbee778",algorithm="hmac-sha256",headers="(request-target) host date",signature="cGIWyWvC87EzG9UgMCLPRmBzs9A0EDlX2D2OJ145x4Q=""

content-type:""

cache-control:"no-cache"

postman-token:"8d293112-d189-456e-bacd-cd69bd7aced9"

user-agent:"PostmanRuntime/7.2.0"

accept:"*/*"

host:"rms-world-check-one-api-pilot.thomsonreuters.com"

accept-encoding:"gzip, deflate"

Response Headers:

x-application-context:"application"

authorization:"WWW-Authenticate: Signature realm="World-Check One API",algorithm="hmac-sha256",headers="(request-target) host date content-type content-length"

transfer-encoding:"chunked"

date:"Tue, 28 Aug 2018 13:42:12 GMT"

server:""""

Response Body:

I am not sure that we entered all data in the environment. We do not know what exactly needs to be provided in the following parameters:

group-id

custom-field-1

custom-field-2

custom-field-3

The screenshot is attached

environment-config-3.png

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.