Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 1

How can I import a shareholder history report through the eikon python API?

I would like to import a shareholder history report for a company as a pandas dataframe, i.e. at least the absolute amount of capital invested and the changes therein. Preferably though I would like to get the complete shareholder history report in the same structure as you can simply download it in excel. I have not been able to find the respective code for that in the instrument browser. If someone would be able to provide a coding example, that would be very helpful! Thanks in advance

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apipandas
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
4.6k 26 7 22

@henry.hildebrandt

So, this will give you the current snapshot:

df, e = tr.get_data('TRI.N', ['TR.SharesHeld.InvestorPermID', 'TR.SharesHeld.Value'], {'SDate':'0D'})

This - last calendar year end:

df, e = tr.get_data('TRI.N', ['TR.SharesHeld.InvestorPermID', 'TR.SharesHeld.Value'], {'SDate':'0CY'})

You can issue a second request to look up which perm id represents which company:

codes = df['Investor Perm Id'].apply(lambda x: f'{x:.0f}').tolist()
cmp, e = tr.get_data(codes, ['TR.CommonName'])

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

You can also use a TR.InvestorFullName field to get the full name of the investor.

df, e = ek.get_data('TRI.N', ['TR.InvestorFullName', 'TR.SharesHeld'], {'SDate':'0D'})

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.