For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
45 11 21 14

How do I request Entity data (having their OrgID) using the REST API

Using the DSS REST API C# examples and with your help, I have built and run successfully a series of bond ratings request (in VB.Net).

I now need to create a request for data about the issuers of these bonds, i.e. an entity request, and I don't quite know how to go about it, as my bond ratings request mention all sorts of bond related things such as RatingsExtractionRequest, RatingsCondtion, InstrumentIdentifierList, which are all not relevant for a entity base data request. Can you help me there with how such an entity request should look like?

I have the list of the OrgID's of interest, and a list of fields I'd like to retrieve for each of them. Is the "

LegalEntityDetailExtractionRequest" the right way to go about it ?

Thanks for your help.

Bernard

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdssrest-apientity
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
462 14 11 15
@bernard.thouin

Hi Bernard,

Correct, the Legal Entity Detail is the correct 'template'/request for getting this data and OrgID is a valid Entity-relevent Identifier to pull the data via this request.

Best regards,

Gareth

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

You may find the Example Application useful for example C# / HTTP code:

https://hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com/RestApi.Help/Home/Index (DSS Credential required to access)

I think the sample that would be of relevence is under "On Demand Extractions" > "Create: Detail (Entity Data)"

An SDK is also available via this location as well as other DSS API resources.

@bernard.thouin

In case you are not familiar with it, the Example Application and its usage are described in the DSS Quick Start.

Hi Chritiaan

I have got as far as requesting the entity data, but then I get the error "No permission for template LegalEntityDetailReportTemplate." :(

Can you please give me permission on that template so that I can continue testing the entity data retrieval ? Thanks !!!

Bernard

Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.