Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
16 1 2 3

What is the difference between the exchange codes ".F" and "=F"?

Im trying to get some quote data for various certificates, i.e A2M07X and DZ8TEH. In order to receive the data I use the Eikon Python API, especially the function get_data, where I create the RIC by transforming the SIN, i.e. from A2M07X to DEA2M07X.F. However, I do not know when to use ".F" and when to use "=F". What is the difference between these two exchange codes?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiexchange-codes
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
4.6k 26 7 22

@ff I would suggest contacting your local Refinitiv support desk with questions on content, symbology and general product functionality (Eikon Menu > Help > Contact Us).

The rule of thumb is to use .F for equities and funds (almost always exchange data), = for forex, fixed income and money market.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
4.6k 26 7 22

@ff in addition, you can also try using symbology conversion API:

It did not recognize DZ8TEH though, for that Refinitiv support should help.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.