Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
2 1 0 1

Is it possible to retrieve temperature forecast data via Python API? (for example EC00 Ens data). If yes, which function?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiapiweather
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
3.8k 4 4 6

Hi @fbbe5d42-15a3-4e2b-84fd-3aed19b70c4e,

If you are still interested in getting the data with Eikon API you may try to get the data from the RICs that we already have. You may navigate to RIC <EU/WEATHER> that is a landing page for the European Weather Service from there you can reach to <EU/WEATHER4> for forecast data. Then to <0#DE-FORECASTS> that contains weather forecasts for Germany and from there you can chose Dusseldorf 1 day ahead <0#DUSSEL-D1>, then you need to narrow down the hour from the available options e.g. <DUSSEL-D1-06> and right here you can get temperature, rainfall, wind speed, wind direction and pressure.

That may look quite cumbersome but is set up in a logical pattern.

RICS = ['DUSSEL-D1-06']
fields = ['GN_TX20_12','GN_TX20_14','GN_TX20_16','GN_TX20_17','GN_TX20_18']
df,err = ek.get_data(RICS,fields)
df

This is how it looks compared with a quote

weather.jpg (53.6 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
4.6k 26 7 22

@fbbe5d42-15a3-4e2b-84fd-3aed19b70c4e it is not possible with the Eikon Python API. I have shared this with a PointCarbon contact who will get back to you with more info.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 1 1 2

Is there a similar page where I might find RICs for the weather in the USA?

@marcin.bunkowski @Zhenya Kovalyov

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvote
3.8k 4 4 6

@stephan

I recommend you to contact with your local Refinitiv support that will be able to assist you with your question.

I have found a chain <0#WTHRNA> but the content is not up to date therefore it is worth checking for alternatives.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.