For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
18 2 9 11

Is Microsoft Azure REST API supported as one of the APIs for Datascope Select?

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdssrest-apiazure
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
22.6k 59 14 21

Hi @lukasz.ossowski, as Christiaan pointed out, DSS is not hosted on Azure, which is a cloud platform from Microsoft.

• Azure REST API is an API for managing Azure services and permissions, and can not be used with DSS.
  • Azure provides compute platforms. A compute user can run the DSS application in any language - C#, Java, Python, .NET etc.
  • Azure Notebooks can be used to run DSS python code in the Jupyter notebook.

Let us know which one is of interest, and we can provide more help on that.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
13.7k 26 8 12

@lukasz.ossowski,

I'm not sure I understand. Could you please clarify what you are trying to achieve in more detail ?

DSS has a REST API, and as such is platform agnostic. It is not hosted on Azure, so there is no advantage (or disadvantage) of querying it from Azure.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
18 2 9 11

Hi Christiaan,

one of my clients asked, if Azure can be used for DSS REST API setup, in the same way as C#, Python, Postman etc.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
13.7k 26 8 12

@lukasz.ossowski,

DSS is not integrated with Azure, there is no API Gateway. So, in a nutshell, as far as I understand it, the answer to your query is no.

That said, I have the feeling slightly different things are being mixed up here:

• C# and Python are programming languages.
  • Postman is a tool to submit HTTP requests to REST APIs using pure HTTP requests.
  • Azure is a cloud hosting platform, which if I am not mistaken has the ability to manage APIs.

Caveat: I am not an expert in Azure.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
18 2 9 11

Thanks again. Indeed, I mixed it up a bit, as what I meant is that you can use e.g. C# for DSS data extraction , just as in the examples provided on this portal. I was also under the impression that Azure will not work with DSS, at least not for now.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
7.6k 15 6 9

@lukasz.ossowski

Azure just provide cloud platform to host your service or application and you can run your own application which created by any programming language which provides a library to manage HTTP request and response connecting to DSS server to retrieve data. You can also deploy your application(such as C# standalone or web application) on one of the Azure virtual machines and you can also run an application like the DSS example on one of the windows virtual machines as well. As Gurpreet said, there is a choice for a python user to use a free Azure Notebook with DSS or any other REST API provided by Refinitiv as well.

Azure REST API provides a set of REST API endpoint for manage, create, retrieve, update, or delete access to the service's resources on Azure platform. And it does not relate with DSS. As long as there is no problem between the Azure network and the DSS server. Your application should be able to connect to the server to retrieve the data.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.