question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 0

Running a Datastream request with more than 50 instruments per request in R Studio

Hi,
I'm tyring to run a static request for a list of stocks in "orig_sample" and get the following error message. Why am I getting this error message - is it because my "orig_sample" contains more than 50 instruments (ie, stock codes)?

static <- mydsws$snapshotRequest(instrument = orig_sample, datatype = c("NAME", "ISIN", "BETA", "ESTAT", "WC07015","INDX" ), requestDate = "0D")
Error requesting data.  HTTP message was: Server error : Internal Server Error : Server error: (500) Internal Server Error
Error in .self$.processSnapshot(format = format, myNumDatatype = myNumDatatype,  : 
  No names to use as column headings in Snapshot.  Items returned for Datatype 1.  Items in Datatype  |
datastream-apidsws-apir-studio
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
1.1k 3 3 3

@jennys

As we discussed offline there is possibility to divide the file for example:

mydsws <- dsws$new()

myData1 <- mydsws$snapshotRequest(instrument = orig_sample[1:50], datatype = c("NAME", "ISIN", "BETA", "ESTAT", "WC07015", "INDX"), requestDate = "0D")

mydsws <- dsws$new()

myData2 <- mydsws$snapshotRequest(instrument = orig_sample[50:76], datatype = c("NAME", "ISIN", "BETA", "ESTAT", "WC07015", "INDX"), requestDate = "0D")

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
0 0 0 0

As far as I understood the pdf-File "DSWS for Desktop - user stats and limits", the wording is "advice" rather than a strict limit for up to 50 instruments. If this is not the case, and it is a limit, is it possible to increase that limit individually?

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.