question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 3 5

I am using the excel API to enter orders and it says a Price Type is required and i only have the fields for "Destination" and "Order Type", not Price Type.

apieikon-com-apiredi-apiorder-entry
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @mjc,

I find that sometimes this message is not entirely true.

When either symbol or exchange/destination is not set, or not valid, or not permissioned to the account being used, at the point when "PriceType"/"OrderType" is set, it will not actually be set, and when the order is submitted after, the result will be "PriceType is required". Perhaps this is what you are seeing.

If so, verify OrderType/PriceType is actually set. To be sure, symbol and destination have to be set, valid and premissioned to the account, prior to this set.

Hope this helps

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
410 1 1 3

Hi @mjc,

Order Type and Price Type are often used interchangeably. Would you mind including a screenshot of the Excel sheet you're using?

Thanks,

Brian

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.