Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 2 1 2

How can I get historical data for the constituents of an index on Python?

How can I get historical data for the constituents of an index on Python?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apihistoricalindex
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
3.8k 4 4 6

Hi @reshma.palackan

Here is an example how you can make it. The best approach to find the fields and necessary parameters is using Eikon Excel Build Formula tool.

df_tmp,err= ek.get_data("0#.STOXX50","TR.RIC")
instruments = df_tmp['RIC'].tolist()
df,err = ek.get_data(instruments,["TR.WasteTotal.date","TR.WasteTotal"],{"Period":"FY0", "Frq":"FY", "SDate":"0", "EDate":"-10"})
df
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
17.8k 82 39 63
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3.8k 4 4 6

Hi @reshma.palackan

If you are looking for a historical constituents of an index you can also try with:

ek.get_data("0#.FTSE(2010-08-09)","TR.CommonName")
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 2 1 2

It is not for historical constituents, but for historical data pertaining to say Total Waste, for the past ten years of each constituent of Stoxx50, say. I am only getting familiar with the syntax for retrieving data using get_data :)

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.