Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 2 2 1

I'd like to extract only "UPDATE" News headlines in English, which query to throw?

I am trying to extract only "UPDATE" News in English such as ::

- UPDATE 1-Chilean lawmakers censure ex-interior minister over rights abuses - Reuters News

- UPDATE 3-U.S. House approves Space Force, family leave in $738 bln defense bill - Reuters News

Now I am searching them with a keyword "UPDATE" but I'm getting bunch of unintentional resources like::

- Australia Stock Exchange release from OPENLEARNING OLL.AX: OpenLearning Commences Trading & Business Update

I'd like to know the way to have a pure news feed of UPDATE news.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiapinewsquery-string
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
80k 257 52 75

@yuri_k

One method is filtering headlines at the application level. For example, the code calls the get_news_headlines method with "len and update" string to get English headlines with "update" text. Then, filter only the headlines that start with "UPDATE" text.

headlines = ek.get_news_headlines("len and update", count=100, raw_output=False)
headlines[headlines.text.str.match('^UPDATE')  == True]

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.