Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 4

I am using spyder and am getting an error when trying to import eikon. Could you tell me why?

Hi, i am currently working on spyder and am getting an error message (see below) when trying to import the module. I have already pip installed and pip upgraded it. My current installed eikon version is 1.0.1 and I also am working with the latest version of python. Could you tell me why and how to solve this issue?

runfile('C:/Users/xxxxxxxxspyder.py', wdir='C:/Users/xxxxx')
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "<ipython-input-5-0c090ba1856d>", line 1, in <module>
    runfile('C:/Users/xxxxxxxxpy', wdir='C:/Users/xxxxxxxx')

File "C:\Users\xxxxx\Anaconda3\lib\site-packages\spyder\utils\site\sitecustomize.py", line 705, in runfile
    execfile(filename, namespace)

File "C:\Users\xxxxxxx\Anaconda3\lib\site-packages\spyder\utils\site\sitecustomize.py", line 102, in execfile
    exec(compile(f.read(), filename, 'exec'), namespace)

File "C:/Users/xxxxxxxyder.py", line 2, in <module>
    import eikon as ek

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'eikon'
eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apispyder
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
4.3k 2 4 5

Hi,

According to your description, if you can't import eikon, that means there is a mismatch between the Python distrib you manage in console (when you type "pip install xxx") and the Python version used by Spyder (check in Tools/PYTHONPATH manager and Tools/Preferences).

preferences.jpg (82.7 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.