Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
9 0 1 2

RData object in COM API

Hi, I have a situation where there are many requests at a time. In order to not get the replies mixed up with each other, I wanted to have a single Dex2Manager that creates multiple RData objects (which are the multiple requests). Would that be a correct way of handling this situation, or is there another/better way?

Thanks.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apieikon-com-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
81k 264 53 75

@Maya.Uemura

From the question, I assume that you would like to how to get the RData object which can be used inside the OnUpdateEventHandler. There are several ways to do it, such as creating a new class that wraps around the RData object or using the lambda function in .NET.

For the lambda function, the code looks like:

var myRData = MyDex2Mgr.CreateRData(MyDex2Cookie);
            myRData.OnUpdate += (DEX2_DataStatus DataStatus, object responseError) =>
            {
                Array l_response = myRData.Data as Array;
            };

By using the lambda function, the myRData object can be used inside the OnUpdate event handler.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.