question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 1

How to find all public (listed) companies on NYSE / NASDAQ for every end of the year from 2005-2020?

Hi all, I am currently starting with my master thesis and I can't seem to find how to get a list of public companies on a certain date. I want to get all companies that were listed on either the NASDAQ or NYSE at the end of the year for every year from 2005 until 2020. I seem to be only able to get the currently active or inactive companies and as I am totally new to Datastream I do not have a clue how to just set a date for which it should look.

The key for me is to find which companies were removed from these exchanges to be able to link this to M&A deals and 10-K SEC filings as I want to do a textual analysis on 10-K SEC filings.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

datastream-apidsws-apicompany
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
446 2 2 2

Hi

Unfortunately Datastream does not keep historical EOY stock lists for exchanges, however these can be retrieved for many indices, some back to 1990's.

As this is a content question & not one about the Web Service, could i point you to our dedicated help desk - https://my.refinitiv.com/content/mytr/en/helpandsupport.html

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.