Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
55 1 3 2

How to Plot Streaming Data from ek.StreamingPrices?

I've successfully used created a cache using ek.StreamingPrices and have been able to see a pandas DataFrame update with streaming prices. However this is all i am able to do. I am wondering how you can further utilize this data and work with it. I am looking primarily to visualize streaming prices but have no luck. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks!

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apirefinitiv-realtimestreaming-prices
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @r.patel. Are you using the `on.update = ` parameter to write to the DataFrame? Do you mind appending some code example to your question for that part?

Code that is almost identical to what I was using is in Nick Zinconne's response below

Upvotes
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @r.patel

According to your post, I understand that you already have data in a dataframe.

So you can read this article to visualize the data to many chart types.

https://pandas.pydata.org/pandas-docs/stable/user_guide/visualization.html

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
18.2k 84 39 63

Hi @r.patel,

In terms of what the API can do for you, it will maintain an up-to-date cache of the data - which is what you are currently using it for. It also provides the ability to capture realtime updates through lambda expressions. For example, from the Eikon PiPy page:

With this capability in place, you can visualize streaming data within your applications based on changes in the market.

ahs.png (26.4 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.