Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
23 4 4 5

Hi, I have an excel request that references the method ZAV(). What is ZAV()? What does it do? Is there a place I can find documentation on that method? =TR("MSFT.O","ZAV(TR.TotalRevenue(Scale=6))","SDate=0 EDate=-199 Period=FQ0 Frq=FQ",B2) Thanks!

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apieikon-for-office
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @Robby Stamper,

The Zero Available function (ZAV) provides a method to replace nulls with a numeric zero.

In Excel, so this function does not apply to Eikon Data API Python.

I am updating my answer to include the recommended approach, how to look this information up in Eikon Excel documentation.

Select FormulaBuilder tool from Eikon Excel:

In FormulaBuilder, select

1. Instruments: MSFT.O
  2. Data Items: TR.TotalRevenue
  3. Next, on the right hand side, in Parameters & Quick Functions section, check "Treat As Zero If Not Available"
  4. Lastly, if you "Open in Expression Editor"

Should see expression

ZAV(TR.TotalRevenue(Period=FY0,Scale=6))

ZAV() being the result of "Treat As Zero If Not Available" quick function in Expression Builder.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @Robby Stamper

Here is the document for ZAV function.

ahs.png (90.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.