question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 3 5 6

EMA - How do I use batch reissue and close

SupportBatchRequests is set to 7 on ADS, according to EMA Java RDM Usage Guide it supports batch reissue. I'd like to pause/resume a number of instruments using batch reissue, how do I do it? I assume batch reissue also uses OmmConsumer.reissue(ReqMsg, long) , how do I pass in multiple handles to batch reissue?

Additionally, what is batch close? Is it batch unregister? If so, how do I use it? The examples in the SDK only shows how a batch request is made which doesn't have the handle argument.

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-apijavabatch
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 89 12 25

Hi @ahmire.kailer

According to the API_ConceptsGuide.pdf which comes with ElektronSDK Java1.5 and Elektron SDK C 1.5, EMA does not support Batch Re-issue and Close

You would have to use ETA or re-issue / close the items individually.

You can close all items by unregistering the MMT_LOGIN handle which will close all open item streams - however, this will mean you are also logged out - which I expect is not what you are after.

The RDMUsageGuide explains what the various elements in the Login response mean. The SupportBatchRequests indicates what the Provider you are connecting to supports - not what the API supports.

1595253412684.png (25.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.