Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
37 3 2 3

Error: Error in 1:nrow(input_data_frame) : argument of length 0 while using get_timeseries

Hi,

I am getting the above addressed error while running the get_timeseries. It is not a consistent error, sometimes it appear and sometimes it does not

NCLData <- get_timeseries(list(paste0(CFTCRICS[i],"NLNG")),start_date = paste(floor_date(Sys.Date() - years(14), "year"),"T00:00:00",sep = ""),end_date = paste(LastDayInMonth(Sys.Date()),"T00:00:00",sep = ""))

where CFTCRICS[1]="4005602".Sometimes while running, it shows error:

Error in 1:nrow(input_data_frame) : argument of length 0

and sometimes it runs properly. Please Help,

Thank you

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apireikon-data-api-r
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
80k 257 52 75

@niket.chauhan

You may need to set the debug to TRUE to verify the retrieved response.

NCLData <- get_timeseries(
    list(paste0(CFTCRICS[i],"NLNG")),
    start_date = paste(floor_date(Sys.Date() - years(14), "year"),"T00:00:00",sep = ""),
    end_date = paste(LastDayInMonth(Sys.Date()),"T00:00:00",sep = ""),
    debug = TRUE)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello, I have the same problem but when I try to use debug = T the console shows me this:

[1] "Request *************************************"
{"Entity":{"E":["TimeSeries"],"W":{"rics":[["USTARTSD=ME"],["ARSAc1"],["ARSAc2"]],"fields":[["TIMESTAMP"],["CLOSE"]],"interval":["daily"],"startdate":["2024-01-22T00:00:00"],"enddate":["2024-01-26T23:59:59"]}}} 
[1] "Response *************************************"
[1] "{\"ErrorCode\":500,\"ErrorMessage\":\"Backend error. 500 Internal Server Error\"}"
[1] "Response status *************************************"
[1] 200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.