For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
1 0 3 5

Used DSS2_Java_Examples for price history and unable to find valid certification path to requested target

I am using graalvm in my application version 20 which uses java 11. And I get this below exception often but not always:

sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

I even tried to add the certificate in cacert as per this post:

https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/49488/dss2-java-examples-and-unable-to-find-valid-certif-1.html

But unfortunately it did not work.

At the same time when I use postman for any request, I get SSL handshake error.

This happened approximately 2.45PM IST and even now (4.45PM IST) its still not working through my java application nor through Postman.

I would like to know why this is happening and how to avoid this in future.

Hoping for a prompt response.

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdsssslpostman
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
22.6k 59 14 21

Hi @JM2120, It looks like you were able to connect atleast once.

If this were really a certificate issue that would not have happened. I am inclined to think that there is a networking issue or a proxy/firewall is intercepting the requests.

Please try to use your application from a direct connection to internet. Can you connect to the DSS website using a browser? If yes, can you download the latest version of Postman and try again.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
22.6k 59 14 21

Can you please confirm if you have a direct connection to internet or going through a proxy server?

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.