question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 4 7

Open DACS connection problem

I am having connection issue to the Open DACS daemon server. My test is based on the Content Based Subscriber tutorial. After 1-2 successful connections, I will start getting AuthorizationConnection.CONNECTION_DOWN which rejects my connection and it will work again after a few minutes. For all the successful connections, I am properly closing the connection after the entitlement check is completed. What could be rejecting the new connection? Is there a connection limit? Should I just keep my connection open at all time in my application (Open DACS client)? Please advise.

DACSopen-dacs
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi Kenny,

OpenDACS Java, right?

Do you see the same connection issue if you just re-run OpenDACS Tutorial#4, 3 or 4 times in a row?

(I am not seeing it this way)

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
7.6k 15 6 9

@kenny.ma

It sound like some issue on dacs sink daemon. You may check DACS_MAX_SNKD_CLIENTS parameter which set in dacs.env used by your dacs daemon. Default seems to be 8 and if you share the dacs daemon with other users it might reach the max client.

# Define the number of Sink Clients that can attach to the dacs.snkd DACS_MAX_SNKD_CLIENTS=8; export DACS_MAX_SNKD_CLIENTS

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.