question

Upvotes
Accepted
76 16 21 29

How do I retrieve fundamental and reference data from the Data Cloud with JET?

Real-time data is covered by JET.Quotes:

JET.Quotes.create() .rics(".SPX") .formattedFields("CF_LAST") .onUpdate(onUpdate) .start();

What would be the equivalent request for fundamental and reference data, please?

E.g. in Eikon for Office terminology, something like TR.Revenue, or to take a parameterized example, TR.TotalReturn(sdate=0D,edate=-1AY).

eikoneikon-app-studiojavascriptjet
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
4.6k 26 7 22

@tristan.hale, you can use the recent addition to JET, the DataGrid API.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks, Zhenya. This appears to be a straightforward way to access ADC data.

Upvotes
22.5k 59 14 21

As of yet, only real time/delayed, timeseries, symbology and news data is available in JET.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
80k 257 52 75

You may use UDF (cpurl://views.cp./Apps/UDF).

UDF provides a unified front-ent to content from over 50 Thomson Reuters services, such as Top News, fundamentals, and street events, through a common JSON-POST style interface. 

There are a lot of services available in UDF. From my test, ADC service can provide the values for TR.Revenue and TR.TotalReturn.

icon clock
10 |1500

Thanks, Jirapongse. I suspect DataGrid will serve well for my ADC purposes, but UDF is clearly interesting based on the wide range of sources offered. Since I am not familiar with JSON-POST style interfaces I would need to invest some time in order to use the UDF technology in my apps...

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.