Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted

How to limit access to WebSocket API

treprdp-apiwebsocketsrrtoconnection
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello All,

I Just upgrade my TREP and I tried the websocket API. It works well. So I am the market data administrator and responsible to create/delete access for all users

My question now is simple : How can I limit access to WebSocket API to my users ?

With my Python script test, I am able to access data with only the DACS NAME of anyone and I prefer that only the user with his DACS name can access to WebSocket API.

Another quick question : Can I give access to Eikon for one user without give it the access to WebSocket API ? For the moment, it seems that I am able to reach WebSocket API with all my DACS name users.

Thanks per advance for your help

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
7.6k 15 6 9

@alexandre.de-vallavieille1

As far as I understand, if you connect to the WebSocket connection on the ADS server, and the service you are connecting to has entitlement enabled, the permission should depend on the DACS.

In this case, I would suggest you open a support case to the ADS support team to help you verify the TREP setting and configuration for the WebSocket connection. You can open a case using my.refinitiv.com.

Sorry for this inconvenience.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.