For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 3

What is the response payload limit from Refinitiv

I am calling Datascope Select API to get a composite template. Can I check what is the response payload limit for each call?

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdssapijson-payload
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
7.6k 15 6 9

@timothyley

Not sure you mean the limit of data size in gzip the app has to download?

I can't find the limit in the document, and I believe that there is no size limit, as explains in the following post.

https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/15295/is-there-a-limit-size-limit-when-downloading-thoms.html

Anyway, the limit seems to be the number of instruments, and it has some info on the following page.

https://hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com/RestApi.Help/Home/ExtractionLimits

For the Composite.

60000 instruments before file code and chain expansion;

150000 after file code and chain expansion.

You can find information about other limits for the extraction from the DSS BEST PRACTICES AND LIMITS document.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 1 1 3

Hi @moragodkrit.chumsri_1,

Assuming I have 30 ContentFieldNames in my request when calling the Composite Request API, does that mean that for an API call, I can request up to 60000 instruments in my IdentifierList, and I should expect a response of the 60000 instrument details?

icon clock
10 |1500

As far as I understand, you will get a response of 60000 instruments in the same gzip file.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.