question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 2 3 5

How to find out what service my client Id is for and how to find sample code to test it?

I was given some username, password, and clientId, I want to find out what service they are for, like Ema , or Eta or whatever, and some sample code to test it?

I've downloaded Real-Time-SDK from github, and built it, I tried with sample under this folder:
Cpp-C/Ema/Examples/Training/Consumer

But none of them works, do I need to change EmaConfig.xml to make it work? how to do it?

I am having a very bad experience with TR's support team, very slow, and I was pushed to different team for the past three weeks, and my problem still not resolved. very sad.

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-apic++linux
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
7.6k 15 6 9

@jxu2

When you test the example please ensure that you copy required libraries as stated in the Quick Start Guide and copy the original EmaConfig.xml from folder "<RTSDK-2.x folder>\Cpp-C\Ema"

With the latest version of RTSDK, example 113 will use "Consumer_4" which already configured to use "Channel_4" as below configuration.

<Channel>
            <Name value="Channel_4"/>
            <ChannelType value="ChannelType::RSSL_ENCRYPTED"/>
            <CompressionType value="CompressionType::None"/>
            <GuaranteedOutputBuffers value="5000"/>
            <!-- EMA discovers a host and a port from RDP service discovery for the specified location 
                when both of them are not set and the session management is enable. -->
            <Location value="us-east"/>
            <EnableSessionManagement value="1"/>
            <EncryptedProtocolType value="EncryptedProtocolType::RSSL_SOCKET"/>
            <!-- ObjectName is optional: defaulted to ""                                                -->
            <ObjectName value=""/>
        </Channel>

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
7.6k 15 6 9

@jxu2

You can follow the steps from the Quick Start guide with the username, password, and client id. It uses 113_MP_SessionMgmt(RTSDK2.x) example under folder 100_Series to connecting to the service on the cloud.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
25.1k 57 17 14

Hello @jxu2

Please note that Refinitiv also provides EC2 AMI that contains ready to use examples (including RTSDK C++ example) for Refinitiv Real-Time - Optimized (formerly known as ERT in Cloud).

You can follow a step by step guide in this article.

aws-4.png (107.4 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.