question

Upvotes
Accepted
262 12 15 18

Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 111] Connection refused

I have a python component to make HTTP requests towards host='select.datascopeapi.extranet.reuters.biz', port=443.
But I get: Max retries exceeded with url: /RestApi/v1/Extractions/ExtractRaw (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x7f98af0f7940>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 111] Connection refused',))

pythontick-history-rest-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
262 12 15 18

@jirapongse.phuriphanvichai Noted.

I had suggested <https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/6539/how-to-use-dssrest-api-examples-behind-a-proxy.html>; , client confirmed that the newly added CLI functionality of my component is corrupted. Connection towards your host is fine.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
80.1k 257 52 75

@Beera.Rajesh

It looks like to be a network issue. I got the same error 111 when trying to connect to that host via IP Address (159.43.7.35).

requests.exceptions.ConnectionError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='159.43.7.35', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /RestApi/v1/Authentication/RequestToken (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.HTTPSConnection object at 0x7fafc90b7d68>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 111] Connection refused',))

The client can use the following curl command to verify the connection.

curl -v -H "Content-Type: application/json" -H "Prefer: respond-async" -X POST -d "{\"Credentials\": {\"Username\": \"ClientUsername\",\"Password\": \"ClientPassword\"}}" https://select.datascopeapi.extranet.reuters.biz/RestApi/v1/Authentication/RequestToken

If it requires a proxy to connect to the server, the client needs to configure a proxy in Python.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.