Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 1 1

Different data length between Rhistory and get_timeseries

I'm trying to get data using python api get_timeseries:

ek.get_timeseries(['KR1Y10YPS2P=GFIS'], fields=["Close"], start_date = dt.datetime(2012, 1, 1),interval="daily")

to replicate the results using Rhistory in excel. However in excel I got data back to 2012, but in get_timeseries the earlies data it return is 2020-02-17.

Is there any way I can fix it? Thanks

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apieikon-com-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

@ethan.cao

As an alternative to get_timeseries method of Eikon Data APIs, I suggest you use get_historical_price_summaries method of RDP Libraries, e.g.

rdp.get_historical_price_summaries('KR1Y10YPS2P=GFIS',
                                   start='2012-01-01',
                                   end='2021-02-17')
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
80k 257 52 75

@ethan.cao

Are using the Last quote view in RHistory to get the Close values?

If yes, the get_timeseries is unable to retrieve the data of that view.

You may need to contact the Eikon Excel support via MyRefinitiv and ask for the field used in the =TR function to get the same data. If the field is available, you can use it with the get_data method to get the same data.

For more information, you can refer to this thread.

1612929536104.png (31.4 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.