question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 0 1 2

Would like to browse documentation for DataStream API

Hi,

I am trying to browse the Refinitiv API documentation, but unfortunately, it does not let me, even once I have registered.

My end goal is simply to validate that I can get specific point-in-time data via web calls in an automated fashion.

As such, I'm trying first to see if the DataStream API provides the data that we need, then I plan to check out other APIs if not. Once we find a service with the data we need, our client will likely pull the trigger to purchase it, but we really need to verify we will get what we need before this.

Can anyone assist me in being able to just browse the documentation here?

https://developers.refinitiv.com/en/api-catalog/eikon/datastream-web-service/Documents

I'm currently being told that I need to log in but I have signed up, signed in and still get a message telling me to sign in.

Thank you,

datastream-apidsws-apidocumentation
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @steve.danner,

The access to many of the APIs is open to any registered developer, the access to some of the APIs has to be requested, and one would next be approved, than the requester can access the materials. One does not have to purchase the product.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
5 0 1 2

Hi, I have tried this several times and still get the same result. I am logged in, but cannot browse the documents.

I'm unsure what you mean by "member of API family". Does one have to purchase an API product in order to browse these documents?

Thank you,

capture.png (52.4 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.