Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 2 2 2

ISIN code and Currency

Hi,

I need find instruments trading currency. I'm using ISIN codes and universe is equities, ETFs and bonds. I have tested CF_CURR, Ccy etc and still <NA>.

What should I try next?

Thx.

Juha

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiforexisin
1616178702798.png (7.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @juha.pomell

I think you can convert ISIN to RIC first, then try to get CF_CURR.

ahs.jpg (50.7 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @juha.pomell

You can use TR.FundCurrency field.

ahs.jpg (186.9 KiB)
ahs2.jpg (12.8 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 2 2 2

Hi @chavalit.jintamalit

Thanks for your suggestion. I'm afraid TR.FundCurrency only partially solves the problem. As I mentioned, I'm using list of ISINs for equity, ETFs, bonds and funds.

Perhaps example below explains the situation better than my previous example. I have tested CF_CURR, Ccy and TR.FundCurrency and only in case of ETF I get the instrument's currency.

Cheers,

Juha

isins.png (22.8 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.