question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 2

How to get the free float shares outstanding on country level

I am looking for ownership data on free float shares/percentage basis on a specific day. Unfortunately I only get the Percentages of Shares Out held, but they not consider all free float shares. I tried many different ways, e.g.:

=TR("AMZN.O";TR.SharesFreeFloat;"InvestorCountryPermId=100319 Sdate=2020-12-31)

=TR("AMZN.O";TR.FreeFloatPct;"InvestorCountryPermId=100319 Sdate=2020-12-31)

=TR("AMZN.O";TR.SharesOutstanding;"InvestorCountryPermId=100319 Sdate=2020-12-31)

but I only get the total amount without country specification.

Alternatively I found in Time Series "Number of shares owned by Foreign Investors" and "Number of Shares owned by Domestic Nationals" and tried:

=TR("AMZN.O";TR.Numbersofsharesownedbyforeigninvestors;" Sdate=2020-12-31)

but for any company I tried my result is "NULL"

I would like to ask/know if there is any opportunity to check the free float shares of an company in S&P500 divided by country (U.S. are most important)

Thank you very much in advance

datastream-apidsws-apiequities
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
22.5k 59 14 21

Hello @student01,

We can help with technical questions on these forums; for content clarification, please raise a ticket at my.refinitiv.com and select - Get Support / I need help understanding the content. This will get you in touch with a content expert. Hope this helps.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.