Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 1

How to pull organization id using debt ticker code

We are trying to pull organisation id's and company/issuer names from Eikon using the debt ticker code. Is there any function on excel or in the API that would allow us to do so.

For eg: HHYON - Hydro One
GEELYV - Volvo Car AB

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiapiexcelsymbologyissue
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @MJarosz

I think this code should work:

Search for result

#pip install refinitiv.dataplatform

import refinitiv.dataplatform as rdp
rdp.open_desktop_session('xxxxxxxx')

df = rdp.search(query="HHYON", top=2000, view = rdp.SearchViews.SearchAll )
df1 = df[df['RIC'].notnull()]
df1.head(5)

Filter for ticker = HHYON

rics = df1['RIC'].tolist()
fields = ['TR.TickerSymbol', 'TR.FiTicker','TICKER', 'GV1_TEXT', 'TR.CDSTicker', 'TR.CDSRefEntTicker', 'TR.TickerSymbolOld', 'TR.IssuerTickerCode', 'TR.TickerSymbolCode']
df2,e = ek.get_data(rics, fields)
df3 = df2[df2['TICKER']=='HHYON']
df3.head()

ahs2.jpg (167.7 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @chavalit.jintamalit,

Thank you for the answer above. I just have a follow up question of what would go inside open_desktop_session. I have Eikon API Proxy open and I've tried adding in the app key for the eikon data api but rdp.seach result returns None. Am I missing something here?

@MJarosz

In rdp.open_desktop_session you should be able to use the same app key you use in ek.set_app_key method. I also suggest you take a look at the response by @marcin.bunkowski below, as it better answers your use case than the example provided by @chavalit.jintamalit

Upvotes
3.8k 4 4 6

Hi @MJarosz, you can also try:

rdp.search(view = rdp.SearchViews.FixedIncomeQuotes,
filter = "IssuerTicker eq 'HHYON'",
select = "IssuerCommonName,IssuerOAPermID",
top=1)

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.