question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 0 2

What does Action==7 mean

Hi,

I'm developing a C# app to work with the REDI API, and I've used your example as a starting point:

https://github.com/Refinitiv-API-Samples/Example.REDI.CSharp.Examples/tree/master/REDIConsoleOrders

When I monitor the CacheControl events that are triggered, I see numerous events with Action == 7:

But this is surprising, since the documentation doesn't describe such an action:

So my question is: What is Action 7? What does it mean? And do you have another document that includes this information? (The document I have is redi_api_specification_6.pdf).

Thanks in advance,
Patrick

redi-apicaching
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @patrick.noble,

I would suggest processing in the client code the actions that are documented in REDI spec, and disregarding other actions, which can be seen sometimes, including action=7. They are not intended as actionable for the client code and should be quite infrequent, compared to the actionable.

For completeness, 7 is "about to delete".

REDI Spec is the definitive document on REDI API integration, there is no document that includes the additional information.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.