Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 2 2 2

Hi! I have been trying to pull data on economic indicators directly via the Excel Formula Builder without any success.

I was able to pull data of monthly German bond yields using the Formula Builder in Excel via the RIC DE10YT=RR and selecting "Data Items: Time Series". When trying to do the same with e.g. unemployment rate of Germany (aDECUNPQ/A), the "Category" and "Fields" boxes remain empty and, as a consequence, I do not receive any output.

I was able to pull the data manually from the Refinitiv Workspace but I need to be able to do it via Excel (automatically).

I would be very grateful for any advice on this matter.

eikoneikon-data-apirefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apieconomic-data
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @modav001,

I have tried to see if I could help, based on what you have done:

1. Select instrument
  2. Select Time Series
  3. Select interval (Quarterly)
  4. Two fields available for economic indicators - Value and Timestamp, selected both
  5. Selected Parameters and specified border dates of Jan 1st through May 11th, to try to ma -ke sure I get a couple of Quarterly results in the interval
  6. Selected Add on both
  7. Inserted on the formula

This has resulted in a couple of data points pulled for the instrument.

For in-depth guidance on Formula Builder usage as well as Eikon content, as a customer, please contact Refinitiv Helpdesk Online -> Content -> Eikon

Hope this helps

buildformula.gif (187.6 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.