For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 2 4 8

Is it possible to request a list of available services from ADS in an RDTS (TREP) using web sockets API?

I'm developing an application to post to RCRT over RDTS (TREP) using web sockets API. Although I know that I can ask the TREP administrator for details of what services are available, I'd like to do it via program. if not this, is there other info I can request that is NOT a market data instrument request? In other words, I'd like to request something from ADS or RCRT (Contex) (status? version? other attributes?) to verify the connection, not actual instrument data.

websocketsrrtorefinitiv-realtime-optimisedADS
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
17.8k 82 39 63

Hi @pj.chan,

You can issue the following request:

{
  "Key": {
    "Filter": 1
  },
  "ID": 2,
  "Streaming": true,
  "Domain": "Source"
}

The "Filter" value is a mask that provides different levels of details:

• 1 (SERVICE_INFO_FILTER) - info that identifies a service
  • 2 (SERVICE_STATE_FILTER) - info about the current state of a service
  • 4 (SERVICE_GROUP_FILTER) - item group status and item group merge info
  • 8 (SERVICE_LOAD_FILTER) - info about the service workload
  • 24 (SERVICE_DATA_FILTER) - info that should be applied to all items associated
  • 32 (SERVICE_LINK_FILTER) - info about the upstream sources

, which will provide more details in the response,

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
5 2 4 8

Great @nick.zincone.1, thanks for that! I'll give it a go. Is that documented somewhere?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvote
17.8k 82 39 63

Hi @pj.chan,

There is no specific documentation around this request and the parameters, however, I did refer to the EMA documentation around sending a directory request and determined that the domain is 'Source' and that I needed to apply a 'Filter'. Section 27.2 of the WebSocket Protocol Spec outlines the parameters of a request.

icon clock
10 |1500

great idea. Thanks

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.