question

Upvotes
Accepted
15 2 5 12

Dynamic view/Field filtering is ignored by EMA api

Hi,

I would like to get real-time updates for only specific fields of a RIC. I've using the below sample code for the dynamic view/field filtering.

ElementList view = EmaFactory.createElementList();

OmmArray array = EmaFactory.createOmmArray();

array.fixedWidth(2);

array.add(EmaFactory.createOmmArrayEntry().intValue(22));

array.add(EmaFactory.createOmmArrayEntry().intValue(25));

view.add(EmaFactory.createElementEntry().uintValue(EmaRdm.ENAME_VIEW_TYPE, 1));

view.add(EmaFactory.createElementEntry().array(EmaRdm.ENAME_VIEW_DATA, array));

consumer.registerClient(EmaFactory.createReqMsg().serviceName("IDN_RDF").name("JPY=").payload(view), appClient);

However, the view/filter seems to be ignored by the api and I get updates for all fields. Am I missing anything ?

I connecting to our internal TREP/ADS server. Has it anything to do with version of this server ?

Thanks in advance.

Mani

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtjava
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @Mani.A ,

1. Would suggest to verify that View feature is supported by your local infrastructure.

From RTSDK EMA Examples, please rune example x333_Login_Streaming_DomainRep.Consumer

When you run it, you should be receiving the output on startup similar to:

Received Refresh. Item Handle: 1 Closure: null
Item Name: user
Service Name: <not set>
Item State: Open / Ok / None / 'Login accepted by host ***.'

AllowSuspectData : true
ApplicationId : 256
ApplicationName : ADS
Position : ***
ProvidePermissionExpressions : true
ProvidePermissionProfile : false
SingleOpen : true
SupportBatchRequests : 7
SupportOMMPost : true
SupportOptimizedPauseResume : false
SupportViewRequests : true
SupportStandby : false
SupportEnhancedSymbolList : 1
Solicited : true
UserName : user
UserNameType : 1
State : StreamState: 1 DataState: 1 StatusCode: 0StatusText: Login accepted by h
ost cipsnylab1.

2. Are you running View example code consumer.series300.ex360_MP_View as is? If that is not the case, it may be helpful, as a sanity check, to test with this example code as is, unchanged, by only modifying it to point to your local infrastructure, to make sure the result is consistent and is not due to the custom code being added/modified?

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
15 2 5 12

Thanks @zoya.farberov for your prompt and fast response besides pointing to the right direction.

I got the below output. Looks like it was disabled in my local infrastructure. Will reach out to the local admin.

Received Refresh. Item Handle: 1 Closure: null
SingleOpen : true
SupportBatchRequests : 7
SupportOMMPost : true
SupportOptimizedPauseResume : false
SupportViewRequests : false
SupportStandby : false
Solicited : true
UserName : ***
UserNameType : 1
State : StreamState: 1 DataState: 1 StatusCode: 0StatusText: Login accepted by host ***.
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.