For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
4 2 5 10

EDP-GW authentication HTTP code: 400 Bad Request: Token request fails then username password continues to fail

We have a connection using WebSockets. The normal connection method starts with a username password connection then every interval (x) a token authentication to see that we are still authorized. Over the past couple of weeks the service keeps getting interrupted where we have a failure to get the token authentication. Our process tries again and fails then a restart occurs and starts with the username password connection. This continues to fail also. After some time passes the program is started back up with a username and password authentication and it works again.

Any idea as to what is going on? It last starting occurring last night 8/10/2021 around 17:33 EDT. It failed a couple of times then made a successful connection again. Then at a certain point it simply stops for a long period of time and not accept the connection again.

The message received is:
"EDP-GW authentication HTTP code: 400 Bad Request"

websocketsrrtoauthenticationrefinitiv-realtime-optimisedtoken
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @Nana

Can you provide the error message when "the service keeps getting interrupted where we have a failure to get the token authentication"?

Also, what is the difference between

"... a restart occurs and starts with the username password connection. This continues to fail also."

and

"After some time passes the program is started back up with a username and password authentication and it works again"

Are you sending the same request but only after some time passes?

I just want to confirm if "a restart" and "started back up" mean the same thing.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
25.3k 89 12 25

Hi @Nana

As this is unlikely to be an API issue and more likely to be an RTO service issue, I have raised a My.Refinitiv ticket with the RTO team.

One thing I would like to check is, are you running multiple applications/instances using the same MachineID?

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.