question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 1 3

Elektron SDK - Java - 1.0.5 EMA VIEW example not working.

I can't seem to get the VIEW mode example to work in the latest Elektron SDK - Java - 1.0.5 EMA. All fields in the image and any updated field in the update, even though only bid (22) and ask (25) are requested.

specifically the com.thomsonreuters.ema.examples.training.consumer.series300.example360__MarketPrice__View example.

I have an RFA application that works OK against my ADS (which has a SNAP_AND_DYMAMIC_VIEW license, so I don't believe it's the environment.

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
9.6k 10 7 7

Hello clive.stokes,

EMA Java does not fully support View as mentioned in Elektron-SDK1.0.5.java\Ema\README at section 6. ISSUES AND WORKAROUNDS shown below:

Hence, the application still receives all fields.

emajviewissue.png (11.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
3 1 1 3

Ok thanks, my bad. However I would question why there is an example in the release for a feature that does not work?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
9.6k 10 7 7

Hello @clive.stokes

Elektorn SDK Java 1.0.7 which fully support dynamic view has been released. You can download it at https://developers.thomsonreuters.com/elektron/elektron-sdk-java/downloads

If you cannot download the package, please contact RDC admin(rdc.administrator@thomsonreuters.com).

The fix is mentioned in Elektron-SDK1.0.7.java\Ema\README at section 7. RELEASE HISTORY shown below

I have run example360__MarketPrice__View with Elektorn SDK Java 1.0.7. The application worked proper. Only Bid and Ask field were returned as requested:

emajfixview.png (31.6 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.