Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 1 3

Retrieve normalized company data (e.g. revenue) form foreign currency to EUR by the average exchange rate of the regarded period?

eikonexchanges
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
14.3k 30 5 10

Hi @maes.michel ,

Thank you for your patience, you can use the field named TR.F.TotRevenue, which does offer period average FX rate option for currency conversion.

ek.get_data('IBM.N',['TR.F.TotRevenue.date','TR.F.TotRevenue'], {'SDate':'2021-09-08','Period':'FY0','Curn':'EUR', 'FXRate':'PeriodAvg'})

@Alex Putkov.1, thank you for an advice.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi Raksina,

This is exactly, what I was looking for! Thx!

Upvotes
14.3k 30 5 10

Hi @maes.michel ,

Data Item Browser can help you to know proper parameter that can be used in each field (Data Item). You may follow these steps (here's the screenshot of DIB eikon-revenue-01.jpg)

1. search for 'DIB' or 'Data Item Browser' in the Eikon desktop search box.
  2. input instruments (I put AAPL.O here for an example)
  3. search for the Data Item (field)
  4. Then in the right section of DIB, click on 'Parameters' tab
    1. tick 'Series' option to get the data in period of time, here I set as Last 2 Fiscal years
    2. set Currency to 'EUR'
    3. the Eikon Excel formula is generated, click on the copy button on the bottom right of DIB, you'll get the formula below
      TR.Revenue(SDate=0,EDate=-1,Period=FY0,Frq=FY,Curn=EUR)
  5. which can be converted to Python code as below (I added 'TR.Revenue.date' to see the date of the data)
    df, err = ek.get_data(instruments = ['AAPL.O']
                          , fields = ['TR.Revenue', 'TR.Revenue.date']
                          , parameters = {'SDate':'0', 'EDate':'-1','Period':'FY0','Frq':'FY','Curn':'EUR'})
    display(df)

here's the output

eikon-revenue-output.jpg

hope this could help

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 1 1 3

Dear Raksina,

Thanks for the reply, but I have a different issue. I frequently use the DIB, but it does not say how to handle currency conversion by the average FX-rate over the entire period(just like in the desktop)

So if the the revenue is quarterly based, I'd like to convert the data by the average and not the closing or cross-rate of that period.

The folowing command will give me the currency conversion by the latest date:

TR.RevenueActValue(SDate=2021-09-08,Period=FY0,Curn=EUR, FXRateEst=Latest)

What parameter is needed to convert to the average FX-Rate of a period?

FXRateEst=????

Kind regards,

Michel

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.