Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
55 7 8 8

Historic Deltas of options

Hello,

I am trying to load the historic or daily deltas of options on the sugar market. What is working for the Implied Volatility is not working for the Deltas. Is there anyway that I can extract those historic Deltas ?

1635934824168.png

eikoneikon-data-apipython api
1635934824168.png (28.6 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@emmanuel.chaslin

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,
AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
10.2k 18 6 9

@emmanuel.chaslin Please see the answer on this thread. I have tried with RDP using the following code and it returns correctly - but for only one valuation date at a time which seems highly unsatisfactory. So one option could be to iterate over each date you need. Here is the the code but be very careful as you could easily reach your 10K daily API call limits - if say you use a few RICs or options chains.

import refinitiv.dataplatform as rdp 
from refinitiv.dataplatform.content.ipa import option 
rdp.open_desktop_session('MY_APP_KEY') 
rdp.get_option_analytics(
    universe = "1SB2100A2",
    fields = ["DeltaPercent", 
              "UnderlyingPrice"],
    calculation_params = option.CalculationParams(
        valuation_date="2021-09-15")
)

1635955080718.png

This is the only method I have for you at the moment I am afraid for options that don't have deltas populated from the ek.get_data function.

1635955080718.png (5.8 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.