Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
4 2 2 2

Help finding field names for RIC

Hi,

Please help me find the field names for this Ric Code:

0#TFOM+

I need alll the closing prices for the different months and strikes please. Have not been able to find them using the Formula Builder.

eikoneikon-data-apirefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiricschain-ricderivatives
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
10.3k 18 6 9

@rmi Pls see code below - the RIC '0#TFOM+' is a chain of chains - so we need to decode all chains to get to the sub-chains and then for each subchain get the instruments contained and their details:

df,err = ek.get_data('0#TFOM+',['CF_NAME'])
chainlist = df['Instrument'].astype(str).tolist()
optionlist =[]

for chain in chainlist:
    df,err = ek.get_data(chain,['CF_NAME','PUTCALLIND','PUT_CALL','STRIKE_PRC','EXPIR_DATE','CF_CLOSE','IMP_VOLT','OPINT_1'])
    if len(optionlist):
        optionlist = pd.concat([optionlist, df], axis=0,ignore_index=True)
    else:
        optionlist = df

optionlist

1637248584575.png

I have included some of the more popular options fields - but to see a full list of fields available for these options just select the top RIC say 'TFOM50L1' and use the Data Item Browser App (type DIB into Eikon search bar):

1637247692934.png

There you can see a list of all field and parameters for any RIC. I hope this can help.

1637247692934.png (299.1 KiB)
1637248584575.png (193.7 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.