For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 1

CAPI Session not registered on MMS

Hello,

We are attempting to connect to the contributions websocket channel here - contrib-ws1-emea1.platform.refinitiv.com

We have production credentials and can successfully ftech our auth tokens from https://api.refinitiv.com/auth/oauth2/v1/token

when we attempt to login to the websocket channel we get this error:

[{"ID":1,"Type":"Status","Domain":"Login","State":{"Stream":"Closed","Data":"Suspect","Code":"NotEntitled","Text":"CAPI Session not registered on MMS - please contact support"},"Private":true}]

and the socket is then closed

(we have contacted the support team but I wanted to ask the question to the developer community also)

Thanks, Rich.

rdp-apicontributionsrccoauth
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 89 12 25

Hi @RichardPhillips

I had also pushed this issue to the RCC team and I understand this was due to the incorrect setup of your credentials and that has now been resolved.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
25.3k 89 12 25

Hi @RichardPhillips

Just to confirm - are you following the RCC Tutorial - Contributing Data to Refinitiv Contributions Channel (RCC) via WebSocket ?

I ask because establishing a connection to RCC is different from the normal Connect to RTO method and also requires RCC specific credentials.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 1

Hi @umer.nalla

Thanks for the quick reply - as far as I know we followed the RCC guide - we saw the link and samples you referenced. We also referred to this one - https://developers.refinitiv.com/en/api-catalog/refinitiv-real-time-opnsrc/refinitiv-websocket-api/tutorials#contributing-data-to-refinitiv-contributions-channel

Thanks, Rich.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
25.3k 89 12 25

Hi @RichardPhillips

Thanks for confirming - I am not familiar with that particular error message. I have asked internally and hopefully, the support team will provide a resolution.

Are you also able to try with the other regions - just for test purposes?

contrib-ws1-amers1.platform.refinitiv.com

contrib-ws1-apac1.platform.refinitiv.com

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 1

Hi @umer.nalla - I just spoke to an old colleague of mine on the Tech support desk who is checking out our account - he thinks it may have been incorrectly permissioned.

I'll test the url's for the other region also.

Thanks again, Rich.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.