question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 3 6

Rates stop updating after a while and need to restart the whole application to resume streaming

The rates will stop update after a while need to restart the whole application to resume streaming.

And it affects all the pairs, not just any particular one. I think it is related to unsolicited RefreshMsg, but currently we don’t know how to initiate a new data flow upon this event without restarting the application.

"Refresh Message: The Interactive Provider can use this class to respond to a consumer’s request for information (solicited) or provide a data resynchronization point (unsolicited). The non-interactive provider can use this class to initiate a data flow on a new item stream. Conveys state information, QoS, stream permissioning information, and group information in addition to payload."

sample RICs:

AUD=, AUDON=, AUD1W=, EUR=, EURON=, EUR1W= etc.

eta-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 89 12 25

Hi @Dennis Au

Can you please advise how you respond to / process the Unsolicited Refresh msg?

You should not need to re-subscribe to instruments after an Unsolicited Refresh. As explained in the documentation, it is used for data resync - sometimes after a stale/suspect scenario.

Are you logging all your StatusMsgs? Do you see any suspect status msg prior to the Unsolicited refresh?

Also, are you consuming data from Refintitiv Real-Time Optimised (cloud-based) or an internal ADS (RTDS) system? IF using an internal ADS, please speak to your Market Data team - they can check their logs around the time of the Unsolicited refresh to help understand what may be occurring.

If you are connecting to RTO, then I recommend you raise a ticket with the RTO Team - who can also investigate the cause of the Unsolicited refresh and lack of updates thereafter.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

At first, we observed the rate update always stopped after Unsolicited Refresh msg, then I tried a few approaches to resume the stream:

• Resubs when the Unsolicited event happened
  • Resubs all the pairs every 1 hour
  • Close and re-initialize the connection every 1 hour

But all of these doesn’t help, the rate stream still stopped unless we restart the whole application. I did log all StatusMsg, and the Unsolicited message is the only anomaly thing (pattern) I found.

@Dennis Au

You may need to enable tracing in the API. With tracing, we can see the incoming and outgoing messages.

Upvotes
80k 257 52 75

@Dennis Au

Did you see a disconnection?

Typically, ETA will not recover a connection or subscribed items unless you are using the ETA Value Reactor with Watchlist enabled.

icon clock
10 |1500

There was no disconnection, the stream just stopped after unsolicited event.

We have tried to resubs and re-initialized the consumer connection every 1 hour but still didn’t help.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.