Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 1 3

Automating Eikon start and login

Hi,

let me stress that I do know that there is no recommended way of automating the Eikon application.

However, I do need to send to myself some regular updates on stocks/bonds via email and this task is too manual to not be automated. Now, I have no troubles starting Eikon, getting the data, and so on, automatically but I am having troubles automatically bypassing the login window while I am logged on another device. How would I go about interacting with the login window from Python? Any suggestions?

Thank you for help!

eikonpythonpython apiappeikonapp
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
22.5k 59 14 21

Hi @havlin,

I would recommend that you contact product support at my.refinitiv.com, regarding this product enhancement request. We can only answer API related questions on these developer forums.

As far as I understand, if a user is logged into one Eikon session, there is no mechanism for second session to automatically log-out the first session. User could be doing something important in the first one and not want to loose it.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.