question

Upvotes
Accepted
30 4 6 13

How To Share A Notebook In CodeBook ?

Hello, is there a way to send - like as a forward message - a notebook made in CodeBook to a colleague that has as well Refinitiv Eikon/Datastream ?

datastream-apicodebookjupyter-notebook
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @Aleniles ,

1. Download the notebook(s) to be shared from your CodeBook, right-mouse-click on it:

download.gif

2. Share the downloaded file(s) with your colleagues.

3. Your colleagues will upload from file(s), into their CodeBook:

upload.gif

Let us know if this works as you expect.

download.gif (54.7 KiB)
upload.gif (25.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
30 4 6 13

Hi, thanks for this.

Of course, I know this method.

As a feedback, it would be great to have a menu option with which you can send directly ("share with") a notebook (NB) to a colleague. In such a way, he/she will find the NB directly into a folder called "notebook received" in his/her own CODEBOOK. Obviously this will remain a copy detached from what I sent him.

icon clock
10 |1500

Hello @Aleniles,

Thanks for your feedback, and we have shared your suggestion with CodeBook product.

Thanks Zoya,

another important factor is enabling this: https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/88795/import-a-time-series-into-a-ts-custom-data-series.html

Could you share also the need of this feature to the CodeBook product team pls?

Hello @Aleniles ,

This appears to be a Datastream enhancement rather then CodeBook. However, you are in control as a customer, please directly reach out to us via My Refinitiv -> Feedback with all the details, and your feedback/enhancement request will be conveyed to the right group within Refinitiv

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.